The sole international conference focused on high-temperature gas-cooled reactor (HTGR) technology including heat applications
Inaugurated in 2002 by the European High Temperature Reactor Technology Network HTR-TN at Petten, the Netherlands, successive meetings were held:
- 2004 on the Asian continent in Beijing, China
- 2006 on the African continent in Johannesburg, South Africa
- 2008 on the North American continent in Washington DC
- 2010 on the European continent in Prague, Czech Republic
- 2012 on the island of Japan in Tokyo
- 2014 on the Asian continent in Weihai, China
The attendees included experts from research and industry and decision makers of interest including utilities, user industries, nuclear venders and governments.
HTR2016 aims to accelerate research and development on HTGR and heat application technologies. The conference and technical sessions are intended to enable the practical use of HTGR systems and will discuss and provide information exchange on the latest results on associated technologies and future perspectives and plans.